artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Saturday 24 December 2011

cake and presents...can't believe its christmas day tomorrow!

This is my first attempt at making xmas cake and I'm quite proud of the decoration. I was going to do some piping on top but then decided to keep it simple. The real test will be when we eat it of course.




These are the homemade gifts which I made for friends this year. Lemon curd and biscuits. Yum!



Lastly this is the beeswax canvas mentioned in a previous post. All ready to wrap.
Shh...still a secret though, hope she likes it!


I should mention too I am loving this 'retro camera' app for my recently arrived android phone (samsung galaxy s2 for anyone who wants to know). Love the phone, love this app. Hope it doesnt detract from the post in any way? I thought it looked pretty arty!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! You have made absolutly delicious goodys! I love your blog! I´m also a Designer for WOW and now you have one reader more ;o) xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy - great Christmas cake - any left???? Finished ours on Saturday!

    Looking forward to seeing your WOW dt samples

    debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake was yummy and our beeswax pressie is gorgeous! Thanks Amy! X

    ReplyDelete