artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Monday 20 February 2012

Altered Alice - Hearts challenge

I'm having such fun creating an entry each month for The Altered Alice challenge. If you love all things Alice In Wonderland themed then check out the blog for some great inspiration and why not have a go yourself!

This months theme is Hearts. I love using my IndigoBlu stamps for these challenges. This month I decided to take all the things which are constantly on my workdesk for making design team samples and create something just for fun with them. I've used IndigoBlu FlitterGlu and Mega-flake and my WOW embossing powders as well as a cuttlebug embossing folder. I couldn't live without my cuttlebug, (doesn't stop me wanting a Vagabond too though obviously)!

Here is my entry:


I've used the rabbit stamp from the Alice II plate by IndigoBlu. I stamped it with embossing ink and then carefully poured WOW Ebony embossing powder where I wanted it on the image avoiding the centre area where the hearts are. I tapped off the excess powder and poured WOW Apple Red embossing powder into the centre area and heated. I then used my WOW embossing pen to go over the lines in the centre which needed to be black and added another layer of Ebony embossing powder. I stamped 'LOVE' which is also on the Alice II plate and perfectly sized for the banner and embossed this with Apple Red powder. (You have a choice of Love, Art or Happy Birthday which all fit the space - great idea!).  

I embossed a piece of white card using the cuttlebug hearts embossing folder and gently rubbed Barn Door distress ink over the top. After cutting out the stamped image I placed this in the centre. I then covered a small piece of card using FlitterGlu and applied 'Chariot of Fire' Mega-flake which is the most amazing brilliant gold colour. I punched out lots of small hearts and stuck these on using foam pads to give dimension, mounted this finished piece onto a black card and applied double sided tape in two widths at the top and bottom and more Mega-flake over the top.


I know it's past the date now but this would make a perfect Valentines card don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, what a great card. I love the Flitterglu. Thanks for leaving a comment on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well those embossing powders certainly live up to their name! Such fine detail on the Indigo Blu White Rabbit (one of my personal faves) The embossed hearts are so vivid and bright! Love the background as well. A superb entry for the hearts challenge...LOVE it!! Thanks for playing with us at the Altered Alice :)

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! LOVE the gleaming dimensional background you've created. That FlitterGlu and MegaFlake looks like great stuff, and you can never go wrong with IndigoBlu, their Alice images are among my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bg with the gold hearts added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely The Alterd Alice project! I love all the embossing poweders you've used.

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete