artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Scrapbooking layouts with WOW embossing powders and Tim Holtz masks

I decided to create scrapbook pages for my WOW submission... check out my post on the 22nd Feb over on the WOW design team blog for more details on these first two pages which I made using their great range of fluorescent embossing powders.



  

For this next page I decided to go vintage and try something different using my Tim Holtz masks and metallic embossing powders.





To achieve this effect place the mask on to the paper (mine is Papermania kraft paper) and use a sponge dabber to apply embossing ink around the mask.


Then apply your chosen embossing powder and heat set. I used metallic copper, metallic brass and metallic platinum. To make the letters of the title stand out more I went over this area with Vintage Photo distress ink. To finish the page I layered my photo onto sheet music and patterned paper and added ribbon, snap fasteners and tissue tape to complete the look.

Here is a little pic of my samples on display at the trade show. I couldn't make it to see them in person this time but a colleague on the design team shared this... (sorry about the quality - copied from facebook)... 


Finally, (and I know these aren't scrapbooking layouts), check out these cool gift tags I made using the fluorescent powders and the Gratitude stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment