artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Friday 10 February 2012

Travel, snow, design team samples and wedding flowers...


I went up north to my brother and sister-in laws last week. It was really great to see them. I was a bit of a tourist in blackpool and had to take a pictuire of the tower as we walked past. Thankfully I got home on the train before the snow hit.

It's been a busy couple of weeks really - not much time for crafting but plenty of time for thinking about all those projects I will do when I have got time... had a lovely shopping trip on Tuesday to Wisteria Patchwork near Swinderby and got a few fabrics for some ongoing patchwork projects. There is no excuse now not to finish them. Watch this space...

We have just had some fresh snow last night. The roads are not too bad but the garden looked really pretty this morning.


I thought I would just post some pics of the Indigo Blu design team samples which I made prior to the Create and Craft show on sunday 29th. I managed to watch the show and it was great fun to see some of my samples being held up by the presenter. I thought Kay did some fab demos as well.

Here's a few of the cards I made - all the samples had to use Flitter glu and flake somewhere on them







This was the sample I made for my last design team submission using WOW embossing powders. The theme was a 'manly' Valentines card.


Right, that's all from me for now. I am going to jump on the bus into town. I'm helping to pick flowers to make 10 button holes and 3 corsages for my friend's wedding tomorrow. Never made wedding flowers before - fortunately the design bit is not up to me, my talented friend Debbie will be in charge and I am just the excited assistant. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment