artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Monday 21 May 2012

Indigo Blu samples

A couple of cards I made last week for show samples, hope Kay likes them...

Collecting Flowers


Stamps used (shop here):
Collecting Flowers, Take The Time, Sarah's Choice (text stamp), Music Hall (swirl)

I didn't use all of the 'Collecting Flowers' stamp here, I wiped the ink off the part I didn't want to give more room for the sentiment. This main image is stamped in archival ink and coloured using various distress inks by swiping them onto a craft mat and picking up colour with a wet paint brush. The sentiment is stamped in FlitterGlu and then I have applied 'Yorkshire Dales' Mega-Flake (both available from Indigo Blu). Lastly the swirl and text stamp were stamped with vintage photo and bundled sage distress inks.

Write soon


Stamps used (shop here):
Circus alphabet , Take The Time

I stamped the whole alphabet and all the numbers from the 'Circus Alphabet' stamp plate using Faded Jeans distress ink to make a background. Then on a seperate piece of card I stamped the cogs and the 'write soon' sentiment from the 'Take The Time' stamp set using weathered wood distress ink. The hand was stamped in black archival ink and masked and then the pen nibs were stamped in stormy sky distress ink. I tore around the images and inked the torn edges with faded jeans distress ink.



No comments:

Post a Comment