artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Thursday 10 May 2012

More Pan Pastel fun and the new Indigo Blu sewing plate...

I've just shared these two cards on the Indigo Blu blog as I used the new 'Sewing Mends the Soul' stamp plate. Check out the blog for full details of how I made the cards and loads of other inpiration for Indigo Blu stamps. I had great fun creating these cards last night and practising with my Pan Pastels. I also found my Pan Pastel colour boards (see post below) really useful for picking which colour to use. So that's great they are not just for decoration!

For this card I used Magenta Tint Pan Pastel to colour the
edges of the card that I stamped on. I love how easy it is 
to get smooth, even coverage. (It is actually more pink in
'real life' honestly, the camera doesn't do it justice really).  


On this second card I used Turquoise Pan Pastel and created
a background with the thimbles and tape measure images from
the sewing plate by first applying an even coverage of Pan
Pastel, then stamping with versamark and carefully adding
more of the colour over the top. The versamark picks up more
of the Pan Pastel colour so these areas are darker. Really easy
background. Just 'set' the image with cheap hairspray.



Finally here's a birthday card I made with a Pan Pastel background using a mask. Basically a larger version of the sample pieces I made for my colour boards. Tim Holtz butterfly stamps and the Happy Birthday is from the Indigo Blu stamp 'Aloysius / Happy Birthday' which as well as the sentiment has a lovely teddy bear image. The silver strip is double sided tape covered with Sheffield Steel Mega Flake from Indigo Blu.



No comments:

Post a Comment